Dogs Across Southern U.S. Are Dying Due To Toxic Algae Exposure After Swimming In Lakes

Dogs Across Southern U.S. Are Dying Due To Toxic Algae Exposure After Swimming In Lakes

Dogs Across Southern U.S. Are Dying Due To Toxic Algae Exposure After Swimming In Lakes


Heartbreaking news about some pet owners who have lost their dogs after taking them to have some fun.

Dogs across Southern U.S. are dying due to toxic algae exposure after swimming in lakes and ponds.

Two dog owners, Melissa Martin and Denise Mintz, in North Carolina are devastated after their three dogs died of exposure to a toxin from a blue-green algae bloom.

Dogs Across Southern U.S. Are Dying Due To Toxic Algae Exposure After Swimming In Lakes
Minnesota Pollution Control Agency

They had taken their dogs to have a dip in a local pond to play and swim.

Of course, they never imagined that would hurt their babies. But when they returned home, one of their dogs started acting strangely.

They took her quickly to an emergency hospital for animals. However, there was nothing that could be done. After a few minutes, the other two dogs began to have seizures and showed signs of liver failure.
Unfortunately, the three dogs died shortly after midnight.

Veterinarians discovered that toxins from algal blooms killed all 3 dogs.

Now, these owners are trying to warn all pet owners through their experience.

Reports of the same experience have come from Texas and Georgia. We feel very sorry for their loss.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announce that harmful algal blooms occur when algae multiply rapidly in warm, calm and nutrient-rich waters.

These algae can look like foam, scum, mats, or paint floating on the surface of the water.

It is quite likely that humans get sick from the toxins of these algae, but for animals it is lethal.

The symptoms in pets can be excessive salivation (foaming at the mouth), weakness, vomiting, diarrhea, tremors, difficulty breathing, convulsions, loss of appetite, loss of energy, and seizures.

Stay away from ponds or lakes that appear discolored, have a musty smell or have foam, scum or mats on the surface.

If you suspect contact with toxin-filled water, go to a doctor, poison center or veterinarian immediately.

Toxic algae are lethal for animals. They can die within mere hours. Please share this warning.

More information in the next video…

Dog Pool Foldable more details HERE

 

H/T: abcnews4

 

 

More stories: petsandcutenessblog