Owner Posts Urgent Warning After Her Cat Is Poisoned From Laundry Detergent

Owner Posts Urgent Warning After Her Cat Is Poisoned From Laundry Detergent

Owner Posts Urgent Warning After Her Cat Is Poisoned From Laundry Detergent


A Siamese cat owner posts an urgent warning after it was poisoned from laundry liquid.

Our pets are part of our family, so we take care of them and want to do the best for them. However, sometimes problems arise because of situations that get out of our hands or our imagination.

It was what happened to Amanda Jane from Perth…

Amanda just wanted her cat’s well-being, so she sprayed her cat’s scratching post before going to bed with liquid laundry detergent.

Owner Posts Urgent Warning After Her Cat Is Poisoned From Laundry Detergent
DailyMail

All she wanted was for her Siamese to be in a clean place, but she never imagined what the detergent would cause it.

When Amanda woke up the next morning, she found her kitten drooling excessively near the scratching post.

So, this pet owner shared her experience on Facebook. She was full of amazement that her cat was poisoned from an item that most of us have at our house. Then she decided to warn us…

‘Just a warning to anyone using laundry liquid around your pets,’ she wrote. ‘The active ingredient in it is benzalkonium chloride. This is harmful to cats, as I learned the hard way today.’

Amanda immediately took her fur baby to Perth Cat Hospital and stayed with him all the time. Fortunately, the cat is now at home and is fine, but it has to be on pain medication and antibiotics.

Owner Posts Urgent Warning After Her Cat Is Poisoned From Laundry Detergent
DailyMail

‘An expensive mistake that put my cats in danger, I would hate for anyone else to make the same mistake,’ Amanda said.

 

 

 

 

 

H/T: dailymail